Friday 16 November 2007

God Came a Knocking

It was wet i remember the rain had run down the back of my coat and was soaking into the lining of my T- shirt. My feet kept rhythmically hitting the pavement one after another i knew in truth walking round a oval road was well stupid, but i coulden’t think of any better way of venting my anger other than hitting someone. The rain got heavier its intensity now driving it though my lightweight summer jacket, i shivered as i moved the cold almost slimy T-shirt now a sodden rag.

She was walking the other way i took no notice at first but then she crossed over and stood directly in my path i put my head down and barged past. She shouted after me “ had she really said that surly not “ then her voice reached me again “ You can walk away form me but you can t walk away form jesus you know” i was like bloody fruit loop what drugs is she on as i forced my way forward against the now almost horizontal sheet of rain.

The sound at first was hidden up by the rain but then i heard it another set of footsteps drawing closer obviously trying to catch up with me then she was there her hair soaked her jacket offering even less protection than mine form the advancing rain. She shuck her golden hair form her face a stubborn strand remained plastered to her nose that she was forced to remove with a carefree wipe of her palm.

Her voice chirpy and cheerful and irritating once again decided to spoil the dismal night “so what you doing out here wondering round getting wet and in a circle of all things?” i really wanted to ignore her to carry on my pointless trek but i didn’t i couldn’t and like all these things once one word spills form your lips it all comes tripping over its self like a uncontrolled flood and so it was i found my self telling her of the ferrets i had purchased of my dad going mad and yelling at me of all the other misadventures the day had choose to lumber upon me.

She listened and said not a word and then she started telling me of Jesus of how he had died for my sins and how he was there for me and how even now he cried at my pain, how he loved me beyond measure. And she talked at me i was mesmerised to think this god this creator of universes cared about me. I can not remember how long this had gone on but the darkest part of night had long since banished the rain when it was i found myself at a curates house with her giving my life to Jesus and inviting him into my life as my lord and saviour this was some 16 years ago and he is still there today never changing his arms about me to love , to protect and to guide and i am at his service 24 hours a day for he is my true father.

No comments: